Monday, October 11, 2010

Mo'Nique and Lee Daniels at the 2010 HRC National Dinner



A very spirited, joy-inspiring and at times emotional Mo'Nique presented filmmaker Lee Daniels with HRC's Visibility Award at the 14th Annual Human Rights Campaign National Dinner, held Saturday, Oct. 9, 2010. Daniels directed Mo'Nique in the drama Precious, for which she was awarded an Oscar.

During her remarks, the clearly overcome Mo'Nique noted that throughout the evening people had been thanking her for supporting the LGBT community.

"I shouldn't be thanked," she said to the crowd of 3,000. "I want to thank you all for accepting me into a community that often times struggles to be accepted by the world. So thank you all so much, baby, for letting me be a part of your world, and in your community."



Director Lee Daniels (Precious, Monster's Ball) accepted HRC's Visibility Award on Saturday, Oct. 9, 2010 at the organization's 14th Annual National Dinner.

"I'm so terribly honored, because this is from family," said the director, who is gay. He later noted, "My son asked me recently, 'Dad is it okay that I like girls?'... That goes to show you how far we've come."


No comments:

Post a Comment