Sunday, January 3, 2010

StoryCorps Sunday.....For Our Community....11 weeks...11 stories...week 2

Michael Levine and Matthew Merlin

I love the StoryCorps Project. I have searched their site for interviews about our culture and community. So far, I have found 11. Click on the link above or the link below. Enjoy. (Sorry that I can not post the recording here) To listen to the others, just search my blog for Storycorps.

clipped from www.storycorps.org

interview photo


“The lights went up, the music went off and you could hear a pin drop.”

Michael Levine (R), who witnessed the Stonewall Riots on June 27th, 1969, speaks with his friend Matthew Merlin (L).

Recorded in partnership with the Congregation Beth Simchat Torah in New York, NY..
To hear more about the Stonewall Riots, click here.



Categories: Featured, Witness


blog it

No comments:

Post a Comment